Saturday, November 23, 2013

I am thankful for...

in honor of Thanksgiving coming in just under a week, I decided to write a post about being grateful.

p.s. is anyone else in shock at how fast this year has gone?!

I try my absolute best to remember the blessings that God has given me each and every day; and since I am a total “list” person, what better way than to keep a running list of these blessings!

keeping record of these types of things not only reminds me of the greatness life has to offer but it keeps me in check to focusing on these positives rather than the negatives. we have all been there in life when it seems like nothing is going right and it seems we cannot do anything to help it. it is in this moment when I have a sort of mental run through of a few things that make my life so special.

• my mom. we have our share of ups and downs but when it really comes down to it, she is my absolute best friend. I truly do not know what I would do without her by my side. she works incredibly hard every day setting a wonderful example of what it really means to work for your heart’s desires. I have so many sweet memories of mother daughter time when I was a little girl and the memories only continue to grow.


• my dad. he passed away when I was nine in a tragic motorcycle accident on Father’s Day. I still have an extremely hard time dealing with this loss as it has affected me greatly. he was my absolute best friend and I was your typical “little daddy’s girl.” he taught me more than I could have ever imagined at the time about life and living it to the very fullest. his entire demeanor embodied such a carefree lifestyle, befriending everyone he came in contact with. his bright smile and joyful laugh could light up your heart beyond measure. not a day goes by that I do not think of this one of a kind father.


• God. my faith has been continuing to grow over these past few years in particular for which I could not be more grateful. this rising faith has gotten me through many tough situations and has made me realize that with God, all things are possible. his love for people is so vast; it is just such a perfect love to be inspired by.


• family. I have two incredible families that have been such an amazing support system, and I hope I have been the same for them. both mom’s and dad’s side are full of people with a passion for helping others and a family bond that simply cannot be broken. I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of each family. someday, I would love to raise my future children in a similar family setting as most of my best childhood memories come from playing with cousins and family get-togethers. here are only a few of my family members...both sides are pretty large!


• friends. being the early 20-something that I am, I have quickly learned that friends come and go but family is forever. (yes, I know that is pretty cheesy but it’s so true, right!) I feel like I am at that age where I am still learning who I am as a person and it’s the same with the people around me. this means we are all changing and growing into the people we are meant to be which unfortunately can sometimes lead to loss of friendships. however, this also means that we make room for the people who are truly important in our lives. I am grateful for the best friends I have who I can share absolutely anything with and we can have entire days dedicated to the “ab-boosting laughter.” :)





• my education. I am exceedingly grateful to have had the opportunity to attend not one, but two great colleges and pursue degrees that truly interest me. I have my days when I gripe and grumble about having to study study study, but education is so important and when you have the chance to obtain it, go for it and be thankful! (although, it is definitely still okay to have a complaint here and there...maybe just supplement it with the college go-to, coffee. :)



• my pug. yes, I said my pug. what can I say, I am an all-around animal lover! I grew up with a pug named Baikka...my dad named her, and his reasoning is quite hilarious. apparently he thought her eyes looked “baked.” nice, right. haha. she was literally like a sister to me because she was only 8 weeks old when I was born. she lived for a happy 14 years. we decided to get another pug after Baikka passed away and she has been nothing but ornery. only kidding, she is an ornery angel. her snores can be heard from across our home and she could spend hours snuggling. either way, I love her with all my heart.


• travel. my love for travel continues to grow stronger by the day. an ideal job to me would be to travel constantly and see what the world has to offer. I absolutely love flying and yes, even airports. there is something so intriguing about that feeling of being surrounded by aircrafts and tons of people off to different destinations. I love it!


• coffee. I may or may not be slightly addicted to coffee. ;) preferably doctored-up; I love me some gourmet flavors.


• the holiday season. the colors, smells, positive feelings, food, music; I love it all! the holiday season brings me so much joy as I am sure it does you too. I love to celebrate this special time of year with family and friends. the holiday cheer is measureless in each and every day.


• this journey called life. just like some people, I have been dealt hardships that started at an early age. this has molded me into someone that is continuously learning and growing into the woman I am ultimately meant to be. through all of the good and the bad, I am truly grateful to be where I am today. I am thankful for this journey and cannot wait to see where it all leads. :)

I hope everyone has a great day and until the next post, have a happy weekend!!

what are some things that leave you feeling thankful?

xo,
hailey mae



No comments:

Post a Comment